Wear clothes that will emphasize your best parts and create the illusion of a very fit body.
● Thinner fabrics are more slimming, but wear a tank or camisole under things that you can see through.
● Tops and bottoms of one color will make you look thinner, but be sure to do different shades of the same color.
● Wear clothes that fit. Wearing clothes that are too tight or too big will make you look bigger.
● Wearing too large clothes will exaggerate your figure not hide it. But never wear a shirt that exaggerates your body too much.
● Avoid belts unless you have a slim waist.
● Use accessories carefully. Looking at too many accessories will give you the illusion of being too big.
Wear a good bra and underwear when you try clothes on. Make sure the item fits well, is not too tight or loose and does not have any unsightly bulges.
Wear the right kind of clothes for your body. Good clothing often starts with the fit.
● High collars shorten necks.
● Tight tops with short sleeves and breast pockets are detracting from your figure.
● Shoes with straps shorten your legs.
● The torso can be shortened or narrowed with seam lines, belts, bows, and collars.
● A short necklace can shorten your neck.
● A scarf or belt that hangs down toward the legs will make the legs appear longer. Knitted texture, lace, floras, prints, and plaids can assist in creating an illusion.
● Thicker vertical lines in plaids lengthens and slims.
● Wear a larger print where you want people to look and smaller print where you do not want them to look.
● An all over print can camouflage figure problems, but prints here and there can create a fuller you.
● Prints around the neck and over the shoulder can make your shoulders appear wider. Just wear prints near the parts of your figure’s assets, because they are usually more eye-catching than a solid color.
● When buying pants be sure they fit well. Defects are emphasized in a pair of pants that may go unnoticed in a skirt. Depending on your body type, different pants will flatter you in different ways.
Check the quality of clothes. Make sure they don’t stretch too much, and make sure the material is good quality.
Look after your clothes. Read the labels so you know how to wash, dry and iron them.
Don’t just follow fashions. Choose clothes that will flatter your figure and suit you. Not all fashionable clothes were meant for everybody, so find the clothes that are right for you.
Wear boy-shorts underneath your pants to make you look thinner and not have those embarrassing ‘underwear lumps’.